- 1 C warm water
- 2 tsp dry, active yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- Mix warm water and yeast and let sit dissolve 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, olive oil and 2 ½ cups of flour.
- Stir until shaggy dough is formed.
- Sprinkle flour onto surface and turn dough out.
- Start kneading dough until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Dough needs to remain sticky for the cooking process.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl. Covered. Let dough rise until it has doubled in size. (Approx. 1hr.)
- Remove dough from bowl and cut into 8 even pieces.
- Then roll each piece into a ball.
- Let dough sit on an oiled pan and cover for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a quarter inch disc.
- Cover discs and let rise for 30 minutes.
- The pita dough is now ready to be baked.
- For a sweeter taste, put coconut flour on the paddle before baking dough in oven
- Pita dough can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week