Dough (see pizza dough recipe)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cheese
- your choice of pizza toppings
- Prep dough and grease cast iron skillet with olive oil
- After dough has rested for a couple hours, take dough and spread it into the cast iron skillet, making sure to push it up the sides to create a place for sauce and toppings to sit.
- Add tomato sauce to the pan and spread evenly over dough.
- Add cheese and toppings of choice to pizza.
- place in oven to cook for 10 minutes.
- rotate cast iron skillet and let cook for 10 more minutes.
- after 20 minutes, take out of oven to let pizza cool.
- slice pizza and enjoy!
This deep dish pizza is fluffy, crispy, and delicious. Using a cast iron skillet in your brick oven is a great way to experiment with new types of recipes and ways to make pizza, doughs, desserts, and more. The skillet leaves an even, crispy texture on the crust, while keeping the dough fluffy as it rises in the oven.