- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ C honey
- 1 bottle beer (12 oz)
- 4 T melted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly pour beer (it will foam) and honey into the flour mixture.
- Next, stir 1/3 of the butter into the mixture until combined.
- Lightly oil a cast iron bread loaf pan (9 x 5 x 3 in) and preheat for about 5 min in the 350° brick oven.
- Take pan out of oven and pour 1/3 of the melted butter into the bottom of the pan.
- Then add the batter to the pan in an even layer and pour the rest of the melted butter evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake in 350° brick oven for 40-50 min.
- When top of bread is golden-brown, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of bread comes out clean, bread is done!
- Serve while still warm!
- I recommend warming the honey in the brick oven just a few seconds before pouring
into the flour mixture. It will stir in so much easier!
- Use your favorite beer for this recipe. I prefer a lite fruity beer!
- The bread can be frozen and then thawed when ready to use at a later.
- Toasting this bread in a toaster is one of my favorite ways to eat this bread!