- 10 eggs
- 1 ½ C whole milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 C ham/ sausage
- ¾ C chopped broccoli
- ½ C chopped onion
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 C shredded cheese
- 1 C frozen hash browns
- In slightly oiled and heated 12’ cast iron skill, cook sausage, onion and pepper in a 375° brick oven.
- When sausage and veggies are done take skillet out of oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Next mix in shredded cheese but save about one half cup to sprinkle on top toward the end of the baking process.
- Pour mixture into a 12” slightly oiled cast iron skillet.
- Then, add sausage, veggies and frozen hash browns.
- Bake in brick oven for about 40 min. or until edges become golden brown and pull away from the sides of skillet.
- Don’t forget to sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top of quiche just a few min. before quiche is done so it can melt!
- To ensure doneness, insert a toothpick into center of quiche and if toothpick comes out clean quiche is done.
- Let cool before cutting into wedge shaped pieces.
- Ready to eat!
- I prefer shredded Monterey jack cheese for this recipe but any cheese you prefer is fine.
- If you don’t prefer some of the ingredients, I used just simply use your favorite meat and
veggies. I love quiche because you can customize it to your personal taste and/ or leftovers
that need to be used up in the fridge!
- This quiche recipe and my biscuit recipe really go well together!