- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 3 oz. Italian dressing
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 small onion
- 10-15 cherry/ grape variety tomatoes
- 4-5 C water
- Splash of whiskey/ bourbon (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- In a sealable plastic bag or container, add chicken breasts and Italian dressing.
- Marinate 1-2 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut into approximately 1-2 in squares.
- Also cut peppers and onions into approximately 1-2 inch squares.
- On each 12” metal or wood skewer, alternate pieces of meat and veggies.
- Fill a 9 x 13” baking dish with 4-5 cups of water and add a splash of whiskey/ bourbon. (this helps add a smoky flavor during the baking process).
- Set and evenly space kabob skewers on top lip of pan over the water.
- Bake in brick oven at 400° for approximately 20 min. or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Turn skewers as needed for even charring during cook time.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool before eating.
- Chicken can be cut into squares before marinating
- This recipe is very versatile. Use your favorite meats and veggies!
- Make sure the pan you use is oven safe
- Add more water into pan if water is being depleted
- For extra flavor on the veggies lightly spray each kabob with cooking oil and add a dash of salt and pepper.