- 4 eggs
- 1 C melted butter
- 1 ½ C sugar
- ½ C water
- 1 T lemon zest (2 small lemons)
- 2 ⅔ C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, butter, sugar, water and lemon zest.
- Whisk ingredients until combined then set bowl aside.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir gently to combine all ingredients.
- Next add blueberries and using a rubber spatula fold them into the batter.
- Warm the Bundt pan and spray thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Pour batter evenly into Bundt pan.
- Bake in a 350° brick oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Cake is done when the top is golden brown, and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let Bundt cake cool before turning it over and releasing cake form pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Its ready now to cut into wedges and eat!
- Check on cake during cooking process and rotate pan as needed to achieve an even golden-brown top.
- Other favorite fruits can be substituted in place of blueberries such as raspberries or the strawberries.
- Adding the lemon and blueberries inti this cake makes it the perfect taste for a summer time treat!